GLAM Peak brings together the representative bodies for Australia’s galleries, libraries, archives, museums, historical societies, cultural heritage organisations and research peak bodies.
Its members have been working together since 2015 to connect Australians with our cultural heritage and national collections; secure support for collection preservation and access; and promote the achievements of the GLAM sector.
Read the position statement for 2022.
- Atlas of Living Australia/CSIRO National Research Collections Australia
- Australian Academic Research Network (AARNet)
- Australian Academy of the Humanities (AAH)
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Studies (AIATSIS)
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA)
- Australian Society of Archivists (ASA)
- Council of Australian Archives and Records Authorities (CAARA)
- Council of Australian Museum Directors (CAMD)
- Federation of Australian Historical Societies (FAHS)
- International Council of Museums Australia (ICOM)
- Museum of Australian Democracy (MOAD)
- National Archives of Australia (NAA)
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (NFSA)
- University Art Museums Australia (UAMA)
GLAM Peak has endorsed its priorities for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. 2020-08-31 GLAM Peak SDG priorities endorsed
The Parliamentary Friends of Museums Libraries and Galleries believe our cultural organisations are vital at this time of national crisis and recovery. Full release here: Parliamentary Friends and GLAM Peak Media Release 11 August 2020
COVID-19 continues to affect communities across the nation. GLAM Peak and its member organisations are monitoring the current COVID-19 outbreak closely and wish to express concern for the health and wellbeing of people and the sector. We recognise that many GLAM organisations standard operating procedures have been disrupted with postponements, cancellations and closing to the… Continue reading GLAM Peak Covid-19 Statement